Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Love Blogging, Wish It Was a Good Way To Make Money

This morning I woke up at 7:30 instead of 5:45 and it felt amazing. I still needed a cup of coffee to start functioning well but it didn't take as long as usual. My goals for the morning were to get blog posts up for at least some of my blogs. I got distracted a little with the thought of making money blogging again. The thought didn't last long as I got a great laugh when I saw the book on the side of this post.

It reminded me why I blog and what a mess that I make when I try to create a blog that produces income. I start to feel like it is work and I end up spending hours clicking other blogs and wasting time I could be doing more productive things. Then ultimately it becomes a chore that only pays pennies for an hour of work.

I can't say that it is impossible to make a 6 figure income blogging but for me I really don't see that happening. I don't think any of your average bloggers are going to make a huge income like that. There might be a lot of great tips in this book so I am actually thinking of picking it up if they have a library copy. I am not looking at it for the huge income but for some tips to improve my blogs. I would love to have more readers and improve things for the readers I have.

I am not going to try to make tons of money blogging because I start to focus on the money making aspect too much. I am however going try to post more often and attempt to bring more readers to my blogs. If I make a few advertising dollars great if I don't I am still loving it.

I have well over a year to get my Social Work license up to date. I can keep the credentials and I can work on a plan to use my Social Work knowledge to help people. I want to start a business of my own and work for myself . It may be an internet business not directly related to social work I am still trying to decide what to do. What I do know is that I don't want a traditional job. I don't mind sitting at a desk most of the day if I can choose when I get up and walk the dog or work out. I want a job where I can work from 10pm (when my hubby leaves for work) till the wee hours of the morning and then sleep in if that is what I choose to do. I have been thinking of trying to write again as I do enjoy it most of the time. I know I would have to put a lot time and effort into getting some paying jobs. I have also been thinking of marketing some life skills lessons on a website. I would have to write them and then get a website to sell the lessons. Then I may have to figure out how I can retain rights to them. I have a bunch of ideas for the first time in long time but I jut need to get some focus and work hard at meeting one goal at a time.

Visit my other blog Dark Novels for book & movie reviews.

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is hard work... and making money on a blog is terribly hard work.

    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete