Sunday, March 27, 2011

Working on a More Positive Life

I have been reading a blog called The Positive Piper and working on making some changes to my life. Things are starting to look up even thought there are some large bumps and crater-like potholes in the road.

I have learned a lot about myself working through the exercises on The Positive Piper. I have also had to face some hard truths about myself. It has opened my eyes to what I really want to do with my life. I now realize it is going to take some hard work for little to no pay to get this show on the road.

I have found a few low paying writing gigs to start with. I  have to start somewhere and it doesn't hurt to get paid while I am practicing my craft. Once I get some articles written and have something for my resume I will be well on my way to making my dreams come true.

I also have some unpaid work to help build a portfolio and connections in the writing world. It will be fun and I am sure I can build on it to find paying jobs later. My goal is to make some money writing by the end of next month. I am not sure what a realistic dollar figure is yet that is why I didn't set one. If I make $50 dollars in that time I will raise use that as a starting point. So I will take my first months dollar figure and set a goal to make 50 percent more the next month until that becomes unrealistic.

I am still looking for a part time job in the social work field but it doesn't feel as urgent as it did before. I do love to help people but I tend to like to be a behind the scene kind of gal. I like to do thing such as organizing and planning events or finding volunteers for projects. I don't know how to find that kind of job but I can at least weed out the jobs I know I will hate. I am thinking offering freelance grant writing services for nonprofits once I get my writing career kicked up a notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment