Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Have you ever tried to convince yourself you happy?

Well that is what I am doing these days. I don't want to say it is my life in general because I love many things about my life. It has a lot to do with me. I wanted a job so badly I forgot to worry about the other important things in my life. Like sleep and family and exercise.

If I do the things I should then I don't have time for the things I would love to do to live my dreams. I don't even know what my dreams are except that I would like to be healthy again and have more quality time with my hubby. I would like to take the dog out for daily walks as well. I would like to keep my house clean and meals cooked. What I really wish I could do with my life is be a great wife, dog owner, friend and family member. That doesn't pay in dollars I know but there has to be a way for me to feel like I can balance that.

I love to be alone or just outdoors walking the dog. I have been doing a lot of reflecting the last few days and I have come to the conclusion that I am a big whiny baby. I want to stay home but then I don't do what I should to become a writer or a dog walker or whatever my next crazy idea is. When I have a dream I never follow through with it.

So this week my new life goals are to take the dog for walks every day it is not raining. When I get a good rain coat and some shoes that don't have holes in them (my tennis shoes are made that way) I will walk her everyday. Then I am also going to get the house clean and keep it clean. I am also going to let my family know when I am not working in the evenings I am shutting off my phone and the computer to spend that time with my hubby.

Not huge goals but they will help get me more active and they focus on some of the important things. My hubby works a 50+ hour week and I really should keep the house cleaner and cherish our time together. I only work 20-30 hours a week on a very full week. I am only required to work 12.5 a week. I am going to change things around here. I am starting with myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment