Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weight Watchers Working With my Lifestyle

Well things are looking good here. I have been working this morning on a survey for a side project I am working on with my mentor and another nice woman.

I just thought I would stop in and post an update. I have been doing very well on my diet. I was really hungry and yesterday and I felt like I ate a ton but because I made good food choices I stayed with in my daily points.

I have picked up a quite a few extra day shifts now that my 12 hour shift is a day shift. I had a very stressful and busy day on Monday. We had an ice storm and many people with power out. I had a lot of calls from people needing somewhere to stay. It was one of those days that was super rewarding because I really did get to help people. I don't mind the stress when the results are great. I say this to say now that I am getting good sleep I like my job again. I am going to pick up more shifts and may not be able to update this site daily.

I am still trying to organize my time so that I get a work out in 3-5 days a week but I this is the area I have the most trouble with. I have been doing well planning my weekly meals and buying healthy snacks but now I really have to get on the ball and get the activity in. Once the weather breaks most days I go for an hour walk with the hubby and dog. There were a few nice days last week that I went out but after the ice storm I have not been outdoors much.

I think I am going to start looking at it as some activity is better than none. I might start with a 20-30 minute workout most days then work my way up to a longer workout. I am still loosing weight without a lot of working out and I am thinking once I get closer to healthy weight exercise won't be as hard on my knees and my bad hip. I weighed in on Mondays and was down 4.5 pounds and I am trying not to weigh everyday again. The first week it felt good to weight everyday because I was down a good .5 pound a day. I know from experience the first week sometimes two I loose a bunch and then I get discouraged the next weeks because I only loose maybe 1.5-2.5 pounds or sometimes less. So I am really trying not to get obsessed with the scale.

I do want to say when I first started the new program I thought they were just changing the plan to make people buy new stuff. I was mad that my old cookbooks were worthless and everything else I bought less that two years ago was worthless. I thought they did it to get more money and I am sure it helps with revenues. I also was not sure the plan would work for me because my success on it the last time was minimal.  I was wrong. On the old plan I could eat a lot of high sugar, low fat stuff and now they have a higher emphasis on the sugar or carbohydrates. So sugary and starchy things which I tend to gravitate towards are much higher in points.

It is working and I am very happy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment