Sunday, February 20, 2011

Applebees and Weight Watchers

Yesterday I am searching around  the Weight Watchers website and I see someone talking about Applebees. They said they have a complete list of nutritional information for all there food. So I go there and find a few meals with very low points value but what I really wanted was a steak. I found an entire steak meal for 10 points and one for 13 points. I decided it was time to break out the gift card we received for Christmas and head out to dinner.

The 13 point meal also had veggies, potatoes and a few shrimp. It was amazing and I didn't go over my daily points. Here is what I ate yesterday:
Breakfast
1 banana
1 cup 2% milk (in my coffee because I need calcium but don't love milk)

Lunch
2 oz. ham
2 pieces of Pepridge Farm very thing whole wheat bread
1/4 oz of Cheese
16  Ranch multigrain chips

Snacks
Yo Crunch parfait
Weight Watchers oatmeal raisin cookie

Dinner
7 oz steak with garlic sauce and shrimp
Steamed Potatoes
Steamed mixed veggies

At the end of the day I used 29 points. I went to the grocery store yesterday and got fat free milk and a ton of veggies and fruit and some Weight Watchers 1 point cheese slices. Lunch meat seems to be the way to go for lunch so I picked another lean meat so my points would remain low.

I want to stay in my daily points range as often as possible and stay away from using my weekly points. I have been working it so that I eat something like a yogurt for breakfast and then if I am still hungry I have some fruit. So if I eat my daily points and I am still hungry I know it is better for me to use my weekly points than to feel like giving up on my diet. If I am not hungry there really is no need to eat something else. Knowing that I have days when I am not really hungry and days when I am ravenous and want to devour all the contents of the refrigerator I realize it is better just to play it by ear.

I am loving this program though as long as I plan well I can have just about anything I want. I only cook dinner for my hubby because we live on different shifts. For him the meal I cook is lunch. I can plan meals for him if he wants something really bad and eat a Smart Ones pizza or something. I can also plan higher point dinners if I plan the rest of my day around low points. Tonight we are having omelets I will be having mine with 1 egg and 2 egg whites, mushrooms, onions, WW cheese, with a tsp of olive oil to cook it in. My hubby chose his own filling and he will use regular cheese and full eggs.

So things are looking good as long as I can stay organized and keep my meals planned. I am fed up with how overweight I am. Healthy weight range for me is 106-132 and I am in a hurry to get to the 132 mark as I know I will feel much better then. That is about 20 pounds away so I am hoping for a good 2 pounds a week of weight loss. That would be 10 weeks from now putting me at my first goal (Healthy Weight) by the end of April. My ultimate goal is to stay between 115-120 all the time this way I never go over my goal weight and if I do I know I have to get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment