Friday, January 7, 2011

Getting Fit in 2011

Well this cartoon says it all. I really need to get fit and start to think about my over all health. I started my first work out regimine with EA Sports Active 2. I got it in the mail today and I started a work out and it froze up.

My hubby informed me you need to install the game on the Xbox 360 first and it helps keep that from happening. So we did and then we took a walk outside and nearly froze to death. The dog was really happy though. She gets an hour walk almost everyday. I go with my hubby and the dog a lot until it gets cold out.

Anyway my hubby started a work out on his profile before he left for work and didn't have time to finish it so I did. Then I did my first work out over all I got in at least 90 minutes of physical activity today.

I used to love a good work out. I used to feel great after a good work out but now I just feel old. Maybe I can get there again. Maybe it will be different when I get a little of this extra fat off and build some muscle. It just feels so draining now. The thing is when I was working out a lot more I was also able to eat a lot more without gaining weight. Yes I watched what I ate but apparently because of all the strength training I used to do I was able to eat more protein and still look good.

I remember weighing about 115 and eating steak a few times a week. I was also able to have dessert sometimes too without my waistline suffering. I like my new job and I don't have to take a lot of hours so with my time off I am going to try to spend much more time working out. I am going to work up to long work outs though. I know that when I work too hard and can't move the next day it isn't any better than not working enough because that makes me sit for two days to recover. For now a short workouts plus some easy walks outside and/or on the treadmill will work. It looks like the game will increase in intensity too so for now I will work with that. I am sure it will be a bit before that is too easy.

I am thinking about getting on the scale tomorrow if I remember to get a base weight. I know I have put most of what I lost last year back on. I don't want to obsess over the weight as that is what made me give up in the first place. I do think it would be good to get a base weight and weigh maybe once a week. I am not making weight goals though. I weighed 97 pounds in high school and then about 7 years ago I was down to the same size but with a lot more muscle and I weighed 115 pounds so I realize the numbers on the scale don't always mean what I think they do.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best, and hope you find happiness in yourself.

    ReplyDelete