Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Is Coming

I am all done with my Christmas shopping and I have most of the gifts wrapped. My husband and I decided not to buy for each other this year but just get ourselves a few things we wanted. Normally I would have a problem with that but not this year. I have not had the time to think up a good list and I also don't have the time to guess for my hubby. If I don't guess exactly right he takes it back. Like if he wants two video games a lot and I pick one he takes it back to get the other one.

I can't win unless there are a lot of things on his wish list that he wants equally. I am usually happy when he gets me something off my list or something he knows I have been dying to get but haven't because I am trying to save money.

We have things for everyone but my hubby's grandparents and he is on his own for that. I am feeling more stressed out over the need to take food to peoples houses. I don't cook much for events. At home I try to cook meals that all go in one pan like a stir-fry or grilled meat and veggies or potatoes. I don't ever make the kinds of food that people take to family functions. I hate doing it and I am usually asking what I can bring that comes in a box or a bag and can be dumped on a plate for the event.

I have a light work week only working a few hours on Christmas eve and Tuesday into Wednesday. I kind of need the break anyway before spending all that time with family and then a 40+hour work week the next week. It will give me time to get the elliptical fixed or at least a date for fixing and a work out schedule in place for the next week. I might even get one of the Kinect games for the Xbox 360 to work out with except I am not sure which one I  want.

Last but not least I am loving Super Scribblenauts! My hubby bought it last week and brought it home for me to try. I ran the battery out in his DS and he left the charger at work. If you can spell at all this game is a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment