Monday, September 6, 2010

Life Is Amazing

When you close your eyes and picture the future you want and where you are now, what do you see? Well I see something great for my future. I am not sure about the whole picture yet but I am making changes that will bring me closer to that future each day.

I am working out most days and choosing better foods for my health. I am making plans to do work I love and leave a job where I am often treated poorly.

The one thing that has made the biggest change in me the last few weeks is my attitude. I am trying really hard to bury the pessimism in me. I am trying to be positive and look on the bright side in every situation. I am limiting my time and interaction with negative people as much as I can. I am writing a lot more and use my journal when things seem out of my control. Often just writing down what is wrong helps me come up with a solution or at least helps me to change my attitude and learn something from the situation.

I am currently reading The Winning Attitude Your Key To Personal Success by John C. Maxwell and it has a lot of useful information. It is a full of scripture too so I also count it as a Bible study for myself. I am learning how to change my attitude even when I don't feel like it. I am also learning to look at challenges as an opportunity for growth instead of giving up. It is a great book especially following my audio book experience of Today Matters: 12 Daily Practices to Guarantee Tomorrows Success (Maxwell, John C.).


Setting goals and changing my life are helping to make me feel at peace. I don't know how things are going to turn out entirely and plans may have to change but at least I have some peace about where my life is headed now.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad... it has been a long road hasn't it?
    Glad positive words are coming out finally.

    I wish you the best, and have faith you can do whatever you want.

    ReplyDelete