Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tired But Had a Great Day

Well I had the opportunity to work at the office today that I have been doing a little extra work to help them catch up. I absolutely love working there. I know the work won't last too long and it is not guaranteed but as long as I have the opportunity I am glad to do it. I even take my nose ring out when I go in. Which is something I would only do for a job I really like or that pays really well.

I don't forsee any openings that I am qualified for in the near future but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts. I am also going to try to figure out what it is I like so much about working there. I know two things right off the top of my head. First they are friendly and I am not afraid to ask questions. Second I am never looking for something to do, I am always busy.

I know there are many other things and even if there is not I am sure both of those things can be broken down into smaller units. I just wish I could reproduce that in my other job and any job I could get in the future. I am still looking for other work but not as hard right now. I am just tired of filling out application after application and getting nothing except a handful of interviews and a mailbox (email and voice-mail) full of scams. That plus the thought of moving is making me feel pretty stressed out. So since I don't actually need a second job, I just want one to accelerate my savings, I am going to relax a little and spend some time looking for jobs but not most of my free time. I am going to not let it hurt my feelings that I didn't get the job I wanted. I know if I need a full time job there are a lot of third shift factory jobs with OK pay and overtime. I can get those but I don't want to right now. What I want is a day shift job I can work on my days off and I can be patient. I would also take a much better paying day shift job but I don't see that happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment