Sunday, August 29, 2010

Looking Through My Social Work Notebooks

Okay I didn't save any of the files but I did save the complete journey through my senior year of Social Work classes. Consisting of 2 giant binders crammed full of useful information. I started by reading journal entries.

I am almost finished with them and I want to know who that person was. I was not the person I am today. I did mature as the journals progressed. I think I said over and over how much I liked helping people but also how much I liked working independently. My supervisor gave me projects to manage and left me with limited supervision. I should go through and count how many times I said even though it is stressful I love what I am doing. I have not felt like that in a very long time. Well not since I managed a weatherization project for the same organization right out of college. It didn't just make me realize that I am on the right track with planning my career it made me realize that I need to remove some of the negativity from my life. If that means not sharing my goals with my family (except the hubby) then so be it.

On that note I am going to change my life and begin by setting a few goals the first one is I am going to spend some time volunteering at the agency that I worked my internship.

Second I am going to work out 30 minutes a day on the elliptical. I am going to stay on the same max level in my program until I can hit a 10 minute mile and then set a new goal. That way I am not stressed out about the new goal before I get it started. In 30 minutes today I only did 1.3 miles and I was pretty sweaty. The main reason for this goal is that I get exercise every day and I have time for 30 minutes even on work days. If I work as hard as I can for 30 minutes I am sure it is better than just a few longer more lax work outs during the week and it forms a good health habit.

Third I am going to spend time every day reading one chapter in Proverbs for as long as it takes to ingrain the wisdom into my head. I am also going to set aside time to pray everyday even if it is just a few minutes.

Fourth I am going to spend the next two weeks learning everything I can about the business I want to start and try to come up with an outline to go to a free place that helps you with business plans. On that same note I am going to try to treat the people that come into the automotive shop with great respect even if my boss doesn't always treat me that way. It is not the customers fault and at least 95% of the time they deserve my best.

So I am working on things here and I really can't wait to get things started right now I am just excited about it and I know I need to keep working on a plan. I want to say a big thanks to JEFF KING who is super supportive.

No comments:

Post a Comment