Friday, August 6, 2010

Job Search This Week

I worked almost 20 hours in two days at my day job. I also went to two temp agencies and a sales interview. I need to call the sales guy and let him know I am not interested in the position. I have to say I really don't like selling things. Well I don't mind selling something that customers come to me for I don't like selling things that I have to find a customer to buy. I have filled out hundreds of online applications and have even thought of some of the at home customer service jobs.

I was told there are two $9 dollar an hour third shift factory jobs I would qualify for soon. I am not too keen on the pay and I would have to keep my current position so that would be at least 58 hours a week plus weekend overtime of 8-16 more hours. I can do that but not for a long time. I really want to move so I need to save more money quickly so I will do what needs to be done.

There are two problems with that schedule other than the fact that I will be a zombie. One is that I have tried to talk to my hubby about taking on more housework and he is basically ignoring me. If I start a second job and work a minimum of 58 hours a week and he works only works his usual 46 hours I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for help. I really don't think it is at all unreasonable to ask that we spend a few hours on my last week or two as a part time worker on making some chore lists and planning our budgets. The budget can be planned on his pay and rental income and everything I make plus some can be saved. So it won't be hard it will just take time to plan it.

The second problem I am having is that I am really having a hard time accepting that I went to college for a bachelors degree and I am going to be stuck working a low pay factory job for now. I don't want to be a Social Worker but you would think that I could find a reasonable paying job (something $10 an hour or more) because I have a degree. I really don't want to go back to school, I thought I did but I realized I really didn't after just one semester. I would like to make more money and have a job that didn't confine me to a desk the entire day. I suppose that I am just going to have to suck it up and do what I can for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment