Sunday, August 15, 2010

Job Scams and Crazy Sales People

I don't know how to say this any clearer to the people out there trying to "offer" me a job. I don't want to do sales but I don't want to post that at the top of my resume because there are things I do that are sales related. I could sell a product if the people are calling me about the product or visiting me about the product. Right now I do actually sell car repairs and if I worked for a bookstore I would sell books. I don't want to do demos in peoples homes or go door to door to sell people anything including insurance and retirement plans. So how do I make that clear and how do I avoid going to job interviews that end up like that? At least these are real jobs though and they really do need sales people to go find potential buyers.

What has really been getting me is that I get at least 20+ emails a day about Mystery Shoppers, Check Printers, Personal Assistants, House-cleaners or Babysitters. Most of them claim to be from the UK and they need their business in the states handled. Some of them don't tell you their location but their English is so poor you can tell it is not their native language. Some of them look like real at home job offers then they want you to purchase something. Most of them are obvious scams and when concerned type something from the email into your search engine and you will come up with a scam alert 9 times out of ten.

I really don't understand this why are people preying on people looking for jobs? That implies they either don't have a job or they don't have a good job where would they get money from. Maybe you get them to do your illegal activities for you so they get in trouble and you don't? I have not looked that far into it but I did reply to one once and gave no further identifying information like they asked for. I told them there was no way I could pay for software or equipment to work for anyone....and guess what they never wrote me back. Maybe they can steal identities if they get more information or something.

Oh and just to let you know there are real Mystery Shopper places but I don't think they need to recruit people. They don't pay a lot of money like although they do have some good jobs available in some areas. I get things in my email that will say things like $300 dollars for twenty minutes of your time. So far I have not run across a real job for a personal assistant although I am sure they do exist, even if much of the work was from home I am sure there would be a central location for the job and it would be close to where you live. Just be careful if you are out there looking for a job. I was brought up by a woman who was very sensitive (paranoid) about things like scams. It may be something is a curse in some areas of my life but it comes in handy to be paranoid at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment