Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I Think I Know What I Want To Do With My Life

Well I am still thinking of a plan of action but I am really excited. I want to be a Financial/Life Coach. I know that I don't always seem to have it together myself but I think much of that has been because I could not figure out how what I wanted to do.  I was even starting to think that I don't like people. I just don't like some people and they happen to be some of the people I have to deal with the most.

As a Social Worker most of  jobs require you to try to help people and you work long hours helping people who don't want your help. Now I know that is not always the case and some Social Work jobs are very rewarding.So I spent about a year looking for a job in my field that would be rewarding and I couldn't find anything. Then I settled down in a job in an automotive shop where I love the job and most of the customers but I am not satisfied with working for a boss especially considering he is my step-dad.

Another thing I want to be able to do is choose my clients and tell them if they don't follow my advice then it won't work and the Social Work mentality (and code of ethics) requires you to empower the client to figure out for themselves what is good for them. It essentially takes the power away from you and gives it to the client and in most Social Work jobs that is a good thing to try and accomplish. It is also hard to do with a client who lacks common sense or any training in life skills.

So to get on my new plan I need to rediscover the discipline I had for myself while I attended school, got good grades, stayed reasonably fit and managed to make good financial choices. I still love to learn and have made good financial choices but I need to work on a few other areas of personal discipline. You can't teach discipline if you don't practice it. So my personal goals are:
  1. to spend 30 minutes a day five days a week working out. That way I can skip the days I have to be up at the crack of dawn for work. This is a reasonable goal instead of trying to make 60-90 minutes I can start with 30 minutes and work my way up.
  2. Spend at least  a minumum15 minutes on long work days and 1 hour on shorter or now work days of focused time working on a business plan. More if time allows
  3. Clean the house all week long. If that means doing a load of laundry before work and after work on the long days then so be it. I really hate cleaning I would rather mow the yard 20 times than have to clean or learn to live on a 25 dollar a week food budget than clean. I have to suck it up and get it done.


The other thing is I want to spend 100 dollars to educate myself and try to start a website I spent 25 dollars on books so that leaves me 75 for a website. If I need to spend more I will take it from another area such as dropping down to one Netflix DVD at a time for a few months. Since that is our only form of entertainment it is in the budget but it can be reduced if needed.


For those of you who read today's earlier post my talk with my hubby or rather the letter I wrote him that led to talking went well. We don't have a concrete plan right now yet other than looking at more houses. Thing is just talking about it made me feel better. More than that I am okay with not moving right away as long as we have a plan to move even if that plan changes to saving more before we move because we don't like the houses in our price range.

No comments:

Post a Comment