Thursday, August 26, 2010

Consulting or Life Coach

Well I was hoping to get to some fiction books this weekend but I am pretty excited about working on a business plan. I took and earlier version of this book to work with me today and read during the slow times. Unfortunately there were not that many. I read some before work and I have spent time researching liability insurance and life coaching as well as web-hosting and website building.

First I am not sure I like the Life Coach title at all but it is something people know about. Second I am not sure how to calculate my costs or make a business plan. I went to school for Social Work and I want to help people that want help.

I was thinking I would start with helping people to live on a budget to live a life with less stress. Like helping someone with a good income figure out how to save instead of spending more than they make. I am an avid Dave Ramsey fan but I would have to learn to use an excel budget because I can't use his software. I think his plans is great but I also don't agree with him on everything just most of his financial principals. I could also help people set measurable and achievable goals.

The thing is I need to start this myself again. I have to set goals and time limits for the things I want in life before I officially "open" a business. I need to work on my health and like I keep saying I need to clean my house and I need to sit down and work on an official budget for next month. Right now my budget looks like this: Spend the bare minimum and save the rest for a down-payment on a new house.

Sorry about my random ramblings I am tired from a long day at work. I was highly positive most of the day but I am feeling worn out and overwhelmed right now. Not unhappy but in need of a good nights sleep and a new day to work on my business plan. I figure it will take me at least a month to have some sort of working plan.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain... doing a job you hate drains the life out of you.

    Never stop trying to be who you want to be.

    ReplyDelete