Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday Troubles

So today I got up at 6:30 AM after about six hours of not so great sleep. I was of course crabby at first but  after I had some coffee and spent some time reflecting and praying I felt better and more focused. Then I decided to take my favorite car to work. My 1994 Dodge Stealth Twin Turbo, which is super fast and super fun. I don't have any pictures of mine on this newer computer but mine looks a lot like the one off to the side. Well except that the body changed in the later years and mine is starting to rust to death. It is made my day though to be able to drive it to and home from work. A few minutes of bliss as long as you don't get pulled over. There is nothing like the windows rolled down and hitting 80 by the time you merge on to the expressway and that is conservative. So there it is I am really glad my hubby didn't want to sell the car I am in love with the rush I get when I drive it. I love the manual transmission and the speed and sports suspension and did I mention it is all wheel drive.

Okay that was the good part of my day. I went to work and there is not much more to say. I would love my job if I didn't have to deal with so much crap. I work only two days a week and I write estimates and provide customer service to the clients of an automotive repair shop. The problem is that I work for my step-dad and he doesn't seem to like me. I was a married adult long before he married my mother so it is not like I feel some emotional connection to him like I would have my father who passed away in 2000. Lets just say it can make for a tense working environment sometimes. The other woman who works there is his cousin and I really like her but she can do not wrong and I do everything wrong in his eyes. It is kind of like the family that treats one kid better than the other. It just wears on your nerves after a while. I can usually take it for just two days a week but I was already feeling a bit emotional today so it really mad me feel bad.

I am not even sure how long I will be there so I am just going to try to make the most of it for now. I was never guaranteed those two days after my replacements maternity leave. I am thinking I might try something on my own like dog walking to replace the income. I would love to find a paid job learning to take care of farm animals but we will cross that bridge when we get there. Until then I will try to thank God for the small things.

So another nice thing is that I had time to play with my dog this evening. Then I also had time to hang with my hubby and make him dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment