Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Got The Cleaning Bug

I have gotten the entire downstairs clean in just a few hours. I spent the last week in a half doing a good cleaning on each room and keeping things picked up and swept. I have been doing a few of the things I learned from FlyLady lessons. I just adapt them to my personality. One of her big things is to put your shoes on it gets you moving, but I hate shoes and I still move just fine with out them. On the other hand she has a lesson on shining your sink and keeping it that way. So one of the things I check before I leave for work and before I go to bed is the sink.

I have yet to finish the book because I have yet to get past the first step for more than a week or two at a time. I cleaned, swept and mopped my entire downstairs in such a short amount of time though by keeping up on all the little things during the week. So there is something to be said for keeping a shiny sink and sweeping the dog hair up every other day or more.

Now I have to get things ready for the yard sale this weekend and if I have time I will clean the front and back porches but I do need a little break. I have learned something about myself in the last week or so that I used to know but somehow lost it in the frustration of a super messy unorganized house. First music motivates me so I have been listening to a lot of music that keeps me working. Second when I get things done in my home I feel better about myself and more confident. It is not so much about the clean house but it is that I got up and did things. It is just a feeling of accomplishment and peace comes from knowing that my house is getting organized a little at a time. Next week I will start tackling the upstairs but it is hard because my hubby sleeps during the day. He can sleep through a lot but I am not sure the vacuum in the next room is one of them.

I have even had time to spend in prayer and typing in my journal today. I know it sounds a little crazy but thanks to the music FLYLEAF I am feeling much better today and I am not only motivated to get things done in my home I am motivated to connect with my faith again. I have realized that I have been childish and petty lately and questioning God for all the wrong reasons. I am ready to make a renewed commitment to my faith. I remembered that it is God that I love not the religion and it is all about a relationship with Him not about rules and regulations. I realized that I can be who God created me to be and still be a Christian. I lost sight of that because I was listening to all the crap around me. Thanks Flyleaf for reminding me that you don't have to come from a cookie cutter to have faith!

So just on a side note I get to go to see what it is like to take care of many animals tonight. My mom has a friend from work that has goats and horses and many other animals and she has offered to let me see what it is like to take care of them. I offered to help for free so I can learn what it is like before making the plunge into country life. I am hoping my hubby will get up and go with me the first time because I want him to watch the dog while I learn. She said I could bring my dog but I don't know what she will do around so many other animals. So if my hubby goes I am going to have him bring the camera so I can have some pictures for you and to go along with my Country Living Posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment