Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Is Sexy A Bad Word Or Something

Okay I have not had a good old fashioned rant in at least a few weeks. I have been turned down several times for Entrecard ads because they said my blog was not appropriate. Now I am sure some of them just don't except ads that are not related to their topic but I have had other people and places act like the title of my blog implies it is about sex.

I had some people I knew for years say that the blog was not appropriate and they didn't even look at it they said they knew by the title.

No offense but I am a married woman and I really don't think there is anything wrong with any woman wanting to look sexy for their HUSBAND. Sorry couldn't help it I just had to use all caps. Besides that is not what this blog is about, it is about being the the kind of woman Proverbs 31 talks about. I don't advertise it that way because I don't want my blog to become religious. I am a Christian but I don't believe my blog needs to preach to people. This blog is about my journey what ever it may be to being a great wife as well as a great woman. This blog is just about me and my life most of the time and it really has nothing to do with sex.

I realized if I used that word in my title that I could get some creepy people looking for a naked pictures or a few women who thought I was going to tell them how to weigh ninety pounds and stay that way. I just didn't think that the community at large and especially the religious community would think that anything with the word sexy in it was by definition bad. I get that some people have no idea who I am like most entrecarders but people that I know. I chose that title because it seemed catchy and I thought some people especially dieters might search for it. It started as just Sexy For Life and I felt I had to ad the part about fitness and finances.

Oh well I guess you can't win them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment