Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1 Already

Saturday Sewing 

Well the last few months have gone by really fast. Today I am going to sew with my mother-in- law and hopefully get another project done. I started a top and I got stuck trying to make the casing for the elastic in the back. Every time I try to sew it I get bubbles. I couldn't get it flat so i hope she can tell me what I am doing wrong. I was hoping to have it done for Florida but no big deal if it isn't done. I have already taken pictures of all the clothes I have finished so maybe after today I will have another picture to share.

Diet and Exercise

Well my diet is not the best everyday but it is not super bad. I was really craving ice cream yesterday so I did pay a ton for a little single serve thing of ice cream. Well it was a ton compared to a carton of ice cream but it made it so that was all I could eat. I have been eating mostly lean meat and veggies for lunch and dinner and fruit for snacks but I have whole grain cereal or a wheat bagel for breakfast. I made the mistake of buying a carton of ice cream about two weeks ago and I ate it all in like 4 days. Amazingly I lost weight that week but I am thinking that was because I didn't eat any snacks on those day and I was still working out.
I have been mixing my work outs up a bit as it is getting nice outside. I can take the dog to the metro-park and walk long trails with lots of hills and soft ground that doesn't hurt my joints like walking on the pavement. So I walk there and get on my elliptical on work days and wet days. Many days the last two weeks I have done both a morning work out and an evening walk.

Other Stuff

I have been catching up on my reviews for my other blog Dark Novels and I am going to try to keep that up at least until I run out of things to review. I have been thinking of creating a fictional character and telling his or her story each Friday or something. I will have some time to think about that while we are driving to Florida from Ohio and then back again.

On that note I am going to be able to write posts for that blog and schedule their posting dates but I may not have internet access while I am in Florida so I may be absent from this blog from May 13-21 or so.

2 comments:

  1. Nordic Walking is rapidly becoming a great way of getting healthier and keeping fitter for those who wish to get healthier and fitter on a shoestring of time.The Werrington based group, began their Nordic Walking adventures back in January when the nights were dark and the weather was snowy, damp and cold. Undeterred by the cold, freezing depths of winter the walkers have continued to keep up their new found skills, improved health and fitness and urge more city people to join in.In January one walker joined the group and she said she had been waiting for two years for Nordic Walking to be available in Peterborough, “It is like a breath of fresh air for my mind” said health professional Janet Martyr.Another Nordic Walker, Paul Frost said recently “ I’ve discovered new ground I didn’t know existed” and he has lived locally for over 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have created this blog in order to spread awareness about the importance of taking care of your body and being healthy. I come into contact with hundreds of people everyday and too many of them are completely ignorant on how to be healthy. Through this blog, I want to provide people ways to be healthy as well as interesting facts about food, fitness, exercise, etc. My plan is to discuss things that a normal person wouldn't even think of or know from a totally nontraditional perspective. I plan to have a lot of eye opening information on here.I am a health freak. I don't know why. I was born that way. I don't expect to turn people into freaks and I certainly don't intend persuade people to change their beliefs about anything. But I do intend to put the truth out there for people who may not be keen on certain aspects regarding health. I will apologize now, in advance, if I ever sound snobbish. You must understand that when it comes to health, fitness, and the body, I've studied it for many years. Many of you know I was previously in medical school, but I didn't want to be a doctor, so I left. But I still have a passion for health. And so, some of the things I talk about (most of them actually) are second nature to me; natural. Sometimes I don't realize that there are people out there that really don't know what a vitamin actually is, or that you can tell a great deal about the status of your health by looking at your poop. Yes, I said "poop" and I will continue to say things like that. This blog is meant to be informal and I want it to be as though I am talking directly to you. So get ready for some shock value. haha

    ReplyDelete