Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Hit My First Weigh Loss Goal

I have every ten pounds lost as a day to celebrate. I have lost my first ten pounds. So today I am going to choose to be happy about that. I don't really feel much smaller yet but I picked up my two 5 pound weights and realized that is a lot of weight off my knees.
I know that I have been able to do a lot more without feeling like I needed to rest that I did ten pounds ago. I am also sure that I have gained some muscle as I work out so it is a bigger accomplishment than I can see right now.
The new low carb approach to my diet seems to be helping a lot. I really made up my own version of the low carb diet because I think some of them are just plain silly. I have been eating a lot of fruits and veggies and meat. I have not been eating bread at all at least not now. I think I am addicted to bad carbs so I am going to add some whole grain stuff in slowly but I need to stay away from it for now. Once I eat them I just want more and more. That is why I can't loose the weight I think? Even thought I was eating few calories they were a lot of empty calories or calories that made me still feel hungry. I still feel hungry sometimes now but when I eat more protein with fruits and veggies instead of breads and pastas I feel full much longer.
Of course the fact that I am working out is a big key to the weight loss but I have cut it back to an hour a day because it is easier for me to keep up with that than 90+ minutes a day. I seem to be able to be more consistent when I don't do too much. So each day I am going to start my workout with an hour in mind and then if I still feel like going longer after the hour I will if not I will stop. That is what I will be doing when I get done here. Since I don't have to work until tomorrow I just decided to do my work out a little later today. I got up at 5 in the morning but I did something different today.

Today I read some devotionals sent to me in my email and decided that I am going to get back to spending time in devotions and prayer. It is not that I don't ever do it either I pray just about everyday but it is random and not on my priority list. I really want to be a better wife and live a life with some more discipline to it. So I created a digital prayer list and a journal to keep my thoughts and prayers in. Typing or writing things down helps me organize all the crazy stuff in my brain. Faith helps me in so many ways I really want to develop that again. I am starting small with short email devotions and will eventually do something more in depth.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud... keep it going. (Even though I don’t agree with weigh goals, only the act of exercising… but whatever you need to push yourself)

    Getting more organized is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete