Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Can I Just Rant for a Moment?

My brain was not working well yesterday because of a migraine. So I go to download the latest Dave Ramsey podcast and look was looking at reviews. I am a Christian so his religious views don't bother me but I really understood the people who didn't like his religious views. Most of the people who didn't like him had valid reasons. They may have been based on opinion but everyone has the right to have an opinion.

Then there is this person who thinks Dave has political views on taxes that are contrary to Christian beliefs! Okay I am a Christian and the only thing I have ever heard or seen in the Bible about taxes is that you should pay them.

This is why people don't like Christians they think that they know everything and claim that "this is the Christian way" but where do you find this in the Bible. For that matter Mr. Ramsey does not spend a whole lot of time talking about taxes either, nor does not spend a lot of time on politics on the radio show. This is not his focus and even the non-religious people could see this.

It makes me mad that so many Christians claim that there way is the only way on issues that are either not clear or not even mentioned in the Bible they claim to follow. Over the years they have made things up.

Here is one of my favorites, I am sinning if I tempt a man because I don't always wear a bra! One of these days I am going to do some research and see when the bra was invented and if women who lived in pre-bra ages were considered sinners for not wearing something not invented yet. Now I am not talking about going bra-less in a thin white T-shirt, but if I want to wear a sweatshirt and sweatpants to the grocery store with out undergarments I really don't think God cares.

I hate when people make personal preference into some sort of Christian law. I know I can't be the only one with stories like this I am sure I could think of dozens. It just grates on my nerves and is probably why over the years I have developed a bit of a fear of sharing my faith. People get very defensive when you say you are a Christian and I don't blame them. I don't think even Jesus set out to tell people a big set of rules they had to follow. He loved people and His love earned him followers. I just can't see how or why so many Christians just ignore that part. Even people who don't believe in Christianity(or maybe especially because they don't) can see that Jesus did not behave like many modern day Christians.

Well I am done for now I have tons of school work to do so I need to stop with the blog posts. Today I just want to write and write for some reason. Visit my Dark Novels blog for the latest news on my life.

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya, plz rant any time... some people are very dumb.

    and too narrow minded to see others points of veiw. and some are so pigheaded they thing their way is best for everyone. I hate these people of cousre and don't listen to the anyway...
    thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete