Saturday, April 9, 2011

My New Blog Longing for the Country Life

I started a new blog as an experiment in niche blogging called Longing for the Country Life. I have been reading ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income and the idea came to me. Okay that was a lie. To be honest the idea actually came to me because I didn't want this blog to be all about my dreams of having a farm. I was reading this book but I already had 4 posts on the new blog before I hit the chapter on niche blogging.

I put the book down to read a few magazines on chickens and didn't pick it again because I was learning so much about urban farming I just couldn't focus on a book about blogging. I feel like a new person when I think about my future life as a freelance writer living on a farm and producing much of my own food so the topic was a natural and easy progression. I have been doing tons of research on it and I just decided to share it all in one place.

I woke up yesterday and checked out some of my blog stats and found that the new blog has been doing quite well for a baby blog. Maybe it is a supernatural force guiding me in the right direction or maybe it is just the topic I picked to blog about. Somehow Longing for a Country Life it is doing better without a bunch of blog ads than my other blogs did at this stage.

I am not looking to make a fortune blogging but it would be great if I could make a little while sharing the knowledge I am gaining.So if you are interested in moving to the country or in urban farming visit my new blog. You will find some great tips and tricks as well as fun journey of turning this spoiled city girl into a hard working country girl.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you do make an income from blogging/writing… the country life is a good dream to have.

    ReplyDelete