Thursday, February 10, 2011

I am a bad blogger

Well I am really having some trouble adjusting to my night shifts. I am not always a zombie like when I was trying to reverse my schedule just two days a week but I am not feeling like doing anything.

No that I am realizing that a lot of my issues are because of my lack of a regular schedule I am really regretting not applying for the day shift on the weekend. At least then I would have been much closer to a regular schedule.

I wonder why I have so much trouble seeing things about myself when the right opportunity has passed my by. If I had applied and gotten that shift I would have been able to take a lot more day shift hours during the week as well. All I could think about was when my hubby does take a day off it is Saturday.

Now if my brain had been working right I would have realized my hubby would be sleeping about 8 of the 12 hours I would have been working. That would mean I would be tired but I would still have time to spend with him in the evening. Not only that if I worked on Saturdays I might have better luck finding a second part time job or for that matter I might be able to keep this job and work another full time job.

I really could use some extra money right now. My hubby is working 7 days a week and we are doing a good job saving. We have had a few setbacks on the savings front with an $1100 dollar vehicle repair and $1000 deductible for the duplex that had a tree fall on it and my hubby going to the emergency room for a nail in his foot. Good thing we had been saving because we had no problem paying for all that. This all happened in December and January well that is when the bills came in.

I really wanted to move from here before the spring but I don't see that happening. I am not in the mood for the loud people that seem to come out in droves when the weather gets nice. The houses are very close together here and even if someone next door to you is just talking in a normal voice you can hear them with you windows open. So add alcohol and a large group of people and you have loud drunk people who you can hear their entire conversation. Then you have fighting and sometimes music. Now if it only happened on weekends I would just deal with it but around here it is can happen all week long. I usually end up closing my windows and turning a fan or two on to block the noise or turning the air on well before its time.

To say the least I am not looking forward to the summer in this house. It is really getting to me and I am feeling desperate to make(and save) some more money so my hubby can feel comfortable moving. I really want to move out into the country with a few acres. I would like at least two with a good distance between houses. I don't want to be able to hear my neighbors unless they want me to hear them. I want a nice big garden with a bunch of veggies and some herbs. I also want berry bushes and strawberries everywhere I can fit them. Don't get me wrong I don't hate people I just want peace and quiet especially when I decide to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment