Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dear Lord Please Sell My Duplex!!!!

Well I can't even tell you how much I hate being a landlord, but now I just want to shoot myself. Okay it is not all bad but it is just not for me. Now I don't want to give the place away but I am tired of tenants who don't follow the rules and find all the loopholes that they can. I am tired of not being paid on time and hearing every story in the book about why they can't pay. Now it has not been bad since I have had two paying people even if they don't always get along.

So we accept government assistance now and it is easy enough and we get paid every month but we had an inspection. I want to fix the problems I don't have a problem with that what I do have a problem with is by the time I get the letter I only have 10 days to fix it all. My hubby and I both work and we don't even understand what they mean by some of the repairs but it looks like he wants our house rewired. If the wiring was not going to pass I would not have let the tenant move in to start with. I am not making any money on this duplex it just pays for itself and enough for all the minor repairs. I am concerned that if that is what they want that a very nice girl will be homeless. It will take more time than that to find a quality technician to fix the wiring. I have to call tomorrow and find out what the gentleman actually wants fixed and if we can get an extension if the wiring needs to be contracted. I am not sure I would want to hire just anyone to do this job.

This duplex is nothing but a big headache for me. It causes arguments between me and my hubby and it always costs at least as much as we bring in. We actually usually loose money on it just not a significant amount. When repairs need to be done my hubby always tries to get me to help him do things that are physically impossible for me like help him carry something that is 500 pounds up the stairs. Then he gets mad at me because he thinks I am not trying. The thought of having to help my hubby repair all this stuff make my head and stomach hurt. No my hubby is not a bad guy he is actually great about many if not most things but I really hate fixing things with him especially if we need to get it done fast.

So if you pray please pray for me to sell the duplex. It is really a nice place with mostly minor things to be done like a hall light that doesn't work, a new heater filter and a new plastic wash tub in the basement. So the moral of the story is if you don't want to be a landlord and you want to move out of the duplex you own you sell if first. My hubby was right and we really should not have moved before we sold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment