Monday, February 1, 2010

Finished My Taxes!

I finished my taxes today and I owed the Federal government and get some back from the state. After paying for filing and my tax bill I get 25 dollars back. I am fine with that as long as I don't owe in the end. It took me 3 hours to get that done this morning.

Very soon I will be running to a sporting goods store to get a heart rate monitor. About 5 years ago I went to a personal trainer and got down to 115 and stayed there for about a year. I have been trying to remember what I did then. I know one of the things that helped a lot was that I used a heart rate monitor and during exercise I kept my heart rate between 150-160 for an hour. I didn't need to work out two hours and lost weight like crazy. I am not sure I will use that because he did say age changed you range so I am thinking that I will start at 140-150 and see how that works. I was also lifting weights 3-5 days a week and I am having trouble remembering to do that. 

Like I have said before I don't expect to reach the 115 or less again but I really need to get to where I am not overweight. I am going to try the methods that I used when I was going to that trainer. He put me on some crazy diet but I couldn't follow it more than two days. I just tried to eat healthy but I did eat a lot of lean meat, I think that helped me build more muscle and made me less weak when trying to lift weights.

Well off to get some chicken out for my lunch and then go to the store for a heart rate monitor.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, you'll lose the weight. if you keep this attitude. And yes keeping your heart rate within range is crucial to burning fat.

    For me it takes almost 3 month of eating healthy and lifting to actually begin to lose any real amount of weight. So keep your head up and it will happen.
    best of luck.

    ReplyDelete